Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life isn't the movies

You make me feel invincible.
Like nothing can hurt me when you're around.
When I hear your voice my whole world
stops spinning, and everything just drifts away.
All the bad is gone, and all that is there is
your love. your voice. the security you give me.
So I didn't deal with anything.
All I knew was that I was okay.
Because I had you.
and for the past nine months i thought
that was all i needed.
I was wrong.
I can't just not deal with my life.
I can't stop living becuase there is a boy in my life.
I can't put aside my problems, so I can make sure
I'm there for you.
This life is like the movies.
Sometimes the people everyone thinks is supposed
to end up together, don't.

1 comment:

Mike Stenglein said...

Yah, but there is one who always knows how each movie ends. Life is a lesson that we learn as we go. We remember the good and try to look for it in the future while we compile the bad into a list of what to avoid. Each time we touch someone's life...or when the touch ours, it is our job to learn what we can...for good or bad. Then we log it and move on to the next chapter in our life (or scene as it were). Keep the chin up and shout "Bring it ON!"