Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010

This is going to be a year to beat all years! I was beyond ready for 2009 to be over! It had not been an easy year at all. Some good did come of it but i am ready for a fresh start. I want to start writing again, but i want to have some sort of purpose behind my writing. I still have to figure that part out!

This next year i am fully dedicating my life to God, to become the best person i can. I want to have two or three main goals for this next year.

Goal One: Reach a deeper level with God.
This year i would like to read the bible through. (is that right? i don't think so) I would like to read the whole bible. I am not satisfied where I am with God right now so i am going to take my relationship with God in my own hands and draw closer. With this i am going to cut out distractions, especially my biggest distraction...guys! For the next 9 months or so i will not date, pursue, or allow any guy to pursue me. Guys have been a huge distraction my whole life so its about time they are put aside so that God can become my true number one. and on top of that when this dating hiatus is over before i get involved with any guy i will bring it to God. I will not date just anyone, i have to get the go ahead from God first. It's about time i listen to Proverbs 4:23, i am sick of getting my heart broken.

Goal Two: Get into shape.
It isn't that hard, i just need to get out of bed every once in a while. Evangel has a FREE workout place plus i want to get a workout DVD and a mat for my room before i go back. How am i supposed to serve God my best if i possibly can not do everything possible.

I might add another goal later, but i don't know right now. i'm too tired!

1 comment:

Mike Stenglein said...

Go for it girl! The start of the new year represents a fresh start. Take it one day at a time and do better tomorrow than you did today. I'm rooting for ya!