Monday, March 31, 2008

Dave

Tonight at 5:30 we got a call from my aunt, informing us that
my cousin's husband, Dave, had a stroke.
He is 34 years old.
His wife, Amy, is expecting a baby in August.
I am close to my whole family,
but my whole life i have been closest to Amy,
and since Amy and Dave got married
i have gotten so close to him too.
He wasn't just an "in-law"
he is apart of this family.
we wouldn't be whole without him.
He can walk and talk but has no feeling in his head
at the moment.
He is at a hospital on the far north side at the moment
but they are trying to transfer him to a closer hospital
but traffic is impossible that they still haven't even left the
other hospital, yet.

Dave is someone who i relate to so much.
He isn't just Amy's husband.
or a cousin, he's a friend, some i look up to.
and he plays a role as the older
brother my sister and i never had.
He makes fun of us all the time,
we are always joking around.
He has made it appoint though to make sure
I know that he is always there when i need to talk
about anything.

He always asks about "the guys" in my sister's and mines life.
and we would make up nick names for them, so we could still talk
about them around my parents with out them knowing.
he would ask about school and he was always asking about college for me.
and our friends, and church.
he always cared.
he knows me and my mom's relationship and said
that i am to stay over at least once every two months if not once a month
to just get away from everything.
i am so lucky to have him as a part of my family.
Dave, Amy, and I drove all the way to Ohio, to get
their first baby, Daisy, who is a dog!!
she is soo cute!!

Photobucket

*this is amy and dave at the Sox game we all went to one the 4th of July.*


Photobucket

*this is just Dave.*


Photobucket

*this is Daisy, their first baby girl!*

Please God. don't let anything happen to him.
we need him!!
please keep Dave and our family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Amber, I am sorry to hear about your cousin Dave's stroke. I will be praying for him.
Know that God has him in the palm of his hand. He is aware of everything!

Bethany Patrice said...

what is the update today?