Thursday, March 13, 2008

College

As my junior year is ending, college is finally starting to hit home.
it seems like i have always thought about college and where i wanted to go.
and now its not that i don't, but i don't know where to begin.
i always thought that as long as i got in i would go to Central Bible College.
Now s i'm not quite so sure.
I am between CBC and North Central.
i have no clue where God is guiding me.
For the first time in my life my future isn't secure.
i mean in grammar school, i had jr. high that i knew i was going to
then in jr. high i had high school.
no choices you just go.
now, you get the choices.
and its SCARES the living day lights out of me.
it really really does!!
and not just the going part.
or the choosing part.
one night, a couple of weeks ago i was looking at my youth group and thought to myself.
how am i going to leave all of this behind.
i'm scared. and confused. and not sure.


God please give me wisdom, and guidance of where you want me to go.
Thanks!
-amber <3

*i needed to put that out there!!*

1 comment:

Tina said...

Don't worry about it so much. As long as you're prepared, then you'll be fine. Make sure that you know the deadlines, requirements, etc, for each school. You may not know where you belong with college, but there's no harm in applying to a bunch of different schools. Honestly, I never pictured myself going to DePaul; I picked up an application on a whim. I wanted to go to Marquette University, but I applied at DePaul instead. I thought that picking an undergrad was tough, but Yolanda is making a very big life changing decision. She got accepted to Columbia University in New York for grad school; she's pretty sure that she's going, but it'll be really hard with her moving. And with leaving the youth group behind, you'll be ready. For now, just focus on getting good grades. And next year, make sure you do the same, because schools can take back admissions if your grades drop significantly. But over the summer, you should probably start going over applications and whatnot. It sucks, but it really isn't that bad.
Hope I helped.