Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two Amazing Leaders. Mike & Katie

"Some people come into our lives and quickly go; some people move our souls to dance; they awaken us to new understanding with the passing whispers of their wisdom. Some people make the sky more beautiful to gaze upon; they stay in our lives for awhile; Leave footprints on our hearts and we are never ever the same" -Flavia Weedn


Katie and Mike, you both are leaving HUGE footprints in my life.

Last night at youth just seemed like every other night there.
I got there early with Zanette and Reichert for worship.
We all were joking around and then it was announcements time.
I honestly don't remember the first announcements, but then Pastor Erik
announced that Mike had an announcement, and Katie came up with him.
The first words he said were "We're leaving" and honestly I thought he meant they were going on a long vacation this summer, but then he continued talking. Mike has been offered a job down in Oklahoma, and Katie and he are going to take it. I sat there and couldn't believe it. I didn't, but the tears came anyway.

I am always praying for the leaders/pastor of Stone Crew, and pray that God would just bless them so much for everything they do for us crazy teenagers. I guess I never realized that praying for that could mean them leaving. Because this is God's blessing for them.

Mike and Katie mean more to me then I think they realize.
Although I love all the leaders, to me they were "my leaders"
I could always go to either one of them for anything and everything.
When ever it seemed like I was having a bad day, or wasn't doing okay, you could be sure that there would one of them be coming over to talk, or to listen. I also have shared MANY fun times with both of them. Katie was my group leader for game, w00t w00t GO BROWN!! lol Mike and I have gotten into plenty of food fights and are always joking around. They always cared, and always put them selves out there for me. I remember one night I was going through a REALLY hard time, and was thinking about leaving the youth. Mike came over to talk to me and I told him that, these were his words for the most part lol
"Amber, I don't want you to leave, you are an important part of Crew, and it wouldn't be the same with out you, I know Katie and I would miss you."

Well Mike and Katie, I am throwing those same words back at you. Although you don't really have a choice in leaving like I did, I just want you to know how much you will be missed by me and the whole group, and how much you are loved. Stone Crew will NOT be the same without you. And I truly mean that. Thank you so much for everything you have done for us!! and for me!!!

You both are extraordinary people and God has His hand on your lives and it is evident. He is going to continue to use you in amazing ways!! I am so blessed to have had you in my life.
Although I am extremely sad to see you both leaving, and I am so excited about the works God is doing and going to do with you.



Katie and Mike, you both are leaving HUGE footprints in my life. I will never for get you guys. And you better not forget about us!!
I love you both.

2 comments:

Mike Stenglein said...

Amber. I am speechless. A part of what I failed miserably to say on Wednesday is that God moves people in and out of our lives for a reason. My take on that is that we should learn something from those people and we should be able to teach them something before they go. I know that Katie and I have learned a LOT from the crew/stone church. And now it is up to us to spread what we learned in OK.
If you remember anything about me, remember what we talked about after retreat: Take it with you.
Embrace your faith Amber. Not only your faith in God (which I know is strong) but also embrace your faith in yourself. You are an awesome person Amber. You are caring and strong and extremely talented. What you do with that is up to you.
I know that it is tough when you can't see around the corner like God and know what is next in your life. It's kinda like Christmastime and you can see all the presents but aren't allowed to open them yet. The anticipation of an event is always worse/better than the event itself.
So in the meantime, while you are waiting for God's next big step...do something good. Don't sit idle (that's booooring). Do something with what you have learned this far in your life. Step up and bring it out. Bring it to the rest of the Crew, help to mold it into the best (IMO already is) youth group ever. Bring it to your school, your community, everywhere you go. It is not always easy, sometimes like the fork in the road that Katie and I are at. It hurts to leave. But although I have no idea what God plans for us in OK, I know that is where He wants us to be.
Embrace your faith and bring it out into the world Amber. You are much too special of a person to keep to yourself.:-D
We both love you and I know that we will miss you something fierce.
Feel free to write, call, email or visit anytime.
Be open to change in your life because God is not finished with you yet and He is not done shaping the world through you yet.
Have faith Amber. Be strong. Spread what you have learned.
God bless you Amber, and keep you safe.

Katie said...

Amber, thank you for all of your complimentary thoughts. I am truely humbled by yours and everyone's reactions to our leaving. I feel truely blessed to have met you and the rest of the Stone Community.
You are the next generation Amber, You are a very unique and passionate person! No matter what ANYONE tells you... YOU CAN DO IT. Wahtever you want to do. Amber, you are intelligent, loving, and absolutely capable of doing and accomplishing anything and everything you want to do and set your mind to. Don't let ANYONE tell you different!
Don't be afraid to take the next step, you are ALWAYS in God's hands. That's what faith is, and with faith you can do ANYTHING!
Mike and I love you, and so do all of the leaders at Crew! You are in the best of hands, but we would LOVE to keep in touch... and a visit would be welcome too!